November 6, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping

Below is my next pumpkin creation! I love muffins! They are so yummy and convenient. I found a recipe that calls for more than 1/2 c of pumpkin! I was so excited. You see, when my roommate was going to the store last week she asked if I needed anything. I told her that I would love to have some pumpkin pie filling to create yummy goodness (see previous post). I told her 2 cans should be fine. I was thinking 2 small cans of pumpkin, but alas she came home with 2 large cans of pumpkin. so now we have a lot of pumpkin to use, which is ok with me...anyways, so because of that situation, I have been trying to find recipes that contain large amounts of pumpkin, and voila! See below recipe:

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


1/2 cup rolled oats

4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
  2. Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk pumpkin puree, 1 cup brown sugar, white sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a separate large bowl. Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture; mix well. Fold in raisins.
  3. Beat 1/4 cup brown sugar with butter in a bowl until creamy and smooth. Whisk 2 tablespoons oats and 2 tablespoons flour, using a fork, into sugar-butter mixture until streusel topping is crumbly.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle each muffin with streusel topping.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen muffins.
Overall Score: 5.0 Everyone who tried them went back for fourths!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228562/pumpkin-muffins-with-streusel-topping/

No comments:

Post a Comment