November 15, 2013

Slow Cooker Apple Crisp

One of my favorite parts of fall is all the yummy food! I found this recipe and it is SO DELICIOUS. Plus ridiculously easy, how can you go wrong with that?!
Ingredients

8 apples, peeled. cored and sliced thinly
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter

Instructions

Generously spray a crock pot with non stick cooking spray, line with apples. 
Melt butter, and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
Cover the apples with this mixture, spreading evenly.

Every crock pot is different, but cooking on low worked way better for me then high. I did low for about 5 hours. If it looks like the sides are starting to caramelize, it's done. This was SO delicious, I really can't even say how often we make this, because it's embarrassingly often. :) Enjoy!

Microwave Score:4.0 This is amazing for breakfast the next morning! The "crisp" is a bit soggy, but still just as delicious.
Freezer Score: Never tried, but I bet it would work!
Rob Score:5.0 Like I said, we make this A LOT
Overall Score: 4.8 Aside from the reheating soggy habits, this is amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment