January 30, 2013

Nutella & Cheese Danish

So if you haven't figured it out already then i worry about you. Larissa and I both love cream cheese. I also love Nutella, so seeing this recipe made me very happy. I literally thought about it for a month after that. When would I be able to make it? Would it be too much to make it just because? Should I wait to premiere it for a big dinner or celebration?
Well after 5 trips to the store and every time starring at the Nutella trying to figure out if I should just buy it or not, I did it. I bought the ingredients, went home and made it. No special reason at all, and I think that made it all the more special. After it was finished I quickly sliced a piece and enjoyed while reading one of my favorite books The Host. Life was good. I did end up sharing it with friends and roomies, and I got a resounding "Yes!" when I asked if they liked it, though it wasn't like I would expecting to hear any other answer.

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) can croissant dough (crescent rolls)

1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
2/3 C powdered sugar
3 Tbs. Nutella
some extra Nutella, melted
a little powdered sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a cookie sheet.
Cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Mix in Nutella until combined; set aside.
Unroll croissant dough and arrange it into a circle onto the cookie sheet.
Spread the filling along the inside of the dough.
Take the dough and flip it over the filling; press to seal the edges.
Cut the excess edges off and place them over the rest of the openings.
Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes; until golden brown.
Drizzle on the melted nutella and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
Microwave Score: TBD-never reheated it cause it was good cool
Freezer Score: TBD-not enough left over to freeze it
Overall Score: 5-see above comments as to why it gets a 5...

http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2012/02/nutella-cheese-danish.html

No comments:

Post a Comment