March 25, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

This is possibly the best breakfast recipe I have ever found. I woke up early with the squirt this last weekend and decided I wanted to surprise my hubby and make some new and amazing for breakfast. This DEFINITELY did the trick. This recipe makes 4 moderately sized pancakes. When I realized that half way through I panicked thinking there was no way Rob would get full off only 2 pancakes...that being said I couldn't even finish my 2 because it is SO filling. He was stuffed :)

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes



Pancakes:
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg

Cinnamon filling:
1/2 butter almost completely melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon

Topping:
4 Tbsp butter
2 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla


Combine pancake batter together until well mixed. A few lumps are ok.

In bowl, combine cinnamon filling ingredients. Spoon into a baggie, snip a corner, and set aside. The thicker the filling is, the better.

In separate bowl, microwave butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth, add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.

Heat skillet over low-medium heat. Scoop 1/2-3/4 cup pancake mix onto greased skillet. Squeeze cinnamon filling in a spiral design over pancake. Cook pancake like normal and keep on warm plate until ready to serve.

When ready to serve, pour topping on top of pancakes. ENJOY!!!


Microwave Score: We SO didn't have any leftovers to even try
Freezer Score: N/A
Rob Score: 5.0 This is his new favorite breakfast :)
Overall Score: 5.0 You find something wrong with this and let me know. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment