October 11, 2012

Chicken Cordon Blue


I am always on the hunt for fast and easy, yet delicious meals. I found this recipe and knew I had to give it a try. This is now one of my favorite "go to" recipes when I don't have a lot of time for dinner, but still want something filling and delicious. Another thing I LOVE about this recipe, you can modify it super easily to accommodate how many people you're feeding. We're not a huge leftover family, so it was really nice that I didn't have to make a 9x13 of this.

Chicken Cordon Blue


Ingredients:
(for 9x13)
Boneless chicken breasts
Sliced deli ham
1 pkg. Swiss cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup
½ cup milk

Preheat oven at 350.
Layer half of chicken in bottom of baking dish. Top with ham and Swiss cheese. Layer rest of chicken on top of cheese.
Mix soup and milk in bowl, pour over chicken.
Bake for 30-45 minutes.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
To make a smaller serving of this just use half the chicken you would have used, one can of soup with 1/4 cup of milk. It's really that easy.

Microwave Score: 4.0 I really liked this reheated and couldn't even tell a difference, but I know some people have issues with microwaved chicken, so I docked for their sake.
Freezer Score: TBD Next time I make this I am going to do a 9x13 so I can freeze it and see how it turns out. I don't see why it wouldn't be just as yummy though
Rob Score: 4.5 He REALLY liked this meal. I think he gave it a half point deduction just because his tummy and chicken don't always get along, so he docked for what his stomach might be doing that night.
Overall Score: 4.5 This is such an easy delicious meal! Half point docked for the possible reheating chicken issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment